Friday, January 18, 2013

Home ALone

  The familiar smell hit my nostrils instantly. I just landed. And the buzzing sound of traffic makes me jump out of my seat. At midnight, the cars piling up the road making it so hard to jump from one lane to the next. I never expected it will take this long, long way going home.
  Dad looked up for the key hidden somewhere in the window. The lights blinked before I found myself inside the room covered with dusts and memories. So empty yet so loud. The dogs won't stop barking. I can't sleep. I've been awake for so long. From melbourne to Dubai then manila, I am practically dead now.
I slept 'til noon. My younger brother came. He spoke to me nonstop which I liked. He cooked a very nice meal for me. But dad left for a meeting early in the morning. His eyes tells a lot of stories and things he's hiding. I know how he feels but maybe I am wrong. He's quiet and looking afar most of the time. It sure feels like hundred years had already passed from the last time I've been here.
    The melted candles in the closets and the unwashed dishes in the sink make it look like no one is really living here for a while. It makes me sad. One moment everything looks vibrant until everything gets gloomy.

      The mango tree is heavy making my mouth water. I hope that the wind will blow the green mangoes straight to our door, or perhaps hit the dogs in the mouth to shut them up.

      

3 comments:

  1. SkinnyGirl..? Half a world away and you own my heart. I'm Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be the mango, your Pavlov Bell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Andrew! thanks for your lovely words... U made my day! :-)

      Delete