Monday, September 14, 2015

on Marriage

       It's sad to hear news of breakup spreading like wildfire in Hollywood.  I know that the sacredness of marriage has long been gone in that kind of world but I still hope and believe that it can sustain somehow at least here, in this less extraordinary lives we live. So hearing my friends's breakup stories from one marriage to another made me ponder what is the cause of this outbreak. Last year was like the getting knocked-up season while 2015 is slowly closing on a heavy tone. I cannot help but wallow in deep agony emphatizing her and their children and offering my heart and ears. "Just pray. Just hold on" I keep on telling each of them.

       It's never easy to be in a relationship where you vow to stay for the rest of your life  faithful and loving and all that. That's why it's much easier to just engage in one fleeting relationship to the next. But it gets exhausting, even the fun in there gets boring quickly, at least that's how I see it. With the temptations around and the level of disposability of one person and the lack of guidance for sure it gets so simple now to let go and move on. But God did not create men and women to be like disposable plastic cups. I have no right to judge and certainly I am in no position to convey my opinion on such matters . Marriage is doing great for me but like others we have struggles too.  I am not perfect and so does he. We don't agree on everything. There were days for sure that we get in to each other's nerves and there's a child to take care of. There were lazy days and hormotional days for me. I feel like I am going to explode sometimes but I always try to hold on and keep my cool and consider how much I wanted this to work out and how much I prayed for this man. Instead of putting more fuel to the fire I choose more often to be more mature. I ask God for help more than ever, this is how serious I am. Our world is different now. Evil lurks and sometimes the person next to you is the devil incarnate. Haha. But seriously, nothing worth having comes easy. And nothing prayer can't move.
 

       Staying married is a decision you make everyday. It's not about what's convenient  but moreover it's all about giving and sacrifice and the game of who's having the bigger heart  and sowing happiness by making the other person happy.

      I pray that our partners in life will always be protected and guided by our Heavenly Father when this world is becoming so small for happy couples. Let our hearts not be tempted or tested but remain pure. Let our desires grow fonder only for the person God has chosen for us. Let's put the work and effort and the prayers to water our desire to love that person just as how He loved us.





     

No comments:

Post a Comment