Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Tough Week

   I never imagine how it's gonna be but honestly I never wanted to feel that way  ever again.

   My little man got sick last week. What we thought was an ordinary persistent cold turn out to be something else. Getting by the scorching Dubai weather left us helpless. The highs and lows of humidity can get little babies prone to so many infections. I was confident that the wonders of breastfeeding can spare my child but I was wrong. A few days after we celebrated his 8th month we ended up rushing him to the hospital for swollen face. It was scary.

   He fell off the bed too, before that. Oh man. It's tough being a mom. My heart shattered in a million little pieces. I blew my frustrations to my poor husband. Thank God that he turned out to be the great man that he always is and never tried to pick a fight with me. All along we thought the bruise on his face was the product of that nasty fall. Sasha crawls like a pro if there's a better definition. He moves like a wrestler and uses his arms and legs like a full-grown adult. Oh well. I can't find the exact words to describe him nowadays. Doctor advised for a CT scan which was a hard ordeal since Sasha won't sleep unless he's sucking my boobie. And the apparatus won't take the mom and the baby to process the image. We gave him sedatives to put him to sleep but no luck once we put him down he wakes up and wails like a police siren. Doctor couldn't diagnose yet until she gets the scan. So the whole day we spent trying to pacify him and soothe his pain. As he cries I cry like a helpless child as well. It's much painful for me seeing him suffer. I was a mess. I was mad at myself , with the world and the entire universe. I wanted nothing but for him to feel better.

   Thank God it was just a sinusitis gone really bad that no antibiotic can:t  fix. But you know sinusitis can be very painful. And for a small child who communicates only through his cries it took us a while to figure out that the cold was not just an ordinary cold. Oh love you have no idea what you're made of.

   Blessed and grateful that he is okay now. No fracture whatsoever from falling off the bed. Now fully recovering and looking like the beautiful little fellow that he is. Sleepless nights were really hard but I am lucky to have this sweet guy I am married to.

    I wouldn't forget how this made me feel and  how my little Sasha looked like when he's in pain. Mommy doensn't want to have any of that if possible. But you know how little boys are, growing up. More falls and cuts and bruises. Oh God help us  and protect us all the time.

   And this is one of the things I am thakful for that I am not working at the moment. I know everything about him. This period is priceless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment