Thursday, August 6, 2015

In a day like today

    It's almost like a miracle now whenever I find Sasha sleeping soundly alone in the bed. It's been a struggle since we moved here. Like me, it's not an easy transition. But I am beyond grateful for God's provision. He is my Enabler. He made things possible for us. He is amazing.

    Forgive me when I drown myself in self-pity whenever the realities of motherhood sets in. Hah. Human.Being. Sometimes I don't even know myself anymore whenever I caught myself talking to myself. Evil certainly lurks in. It's so easy to entertain negative thoughts, doubts, and fears.We have so many expectations and forget to do the work. We endlessly compare our lives to others not knowing our lives are different and we should be thankful for it. We are set to face our own unique circumstances and we alone are able to overcome them.

      Life is indeed much simpler when you're not working. There were days when it passes like a slow boring documentary but at times they go like a an episode of Candidly Nicole  ( oh I love her..) I can't believe I can juggle so much in one day. Baby-laundry-cooking-skype-Workout-Husband and so much in between. But I love every moment of it. I like to savor every breath, every confusion, every mistake. It makes me realize I am learning gradually towards becoming a better person I was yesterday. Patience comes with a price I guess and I am waiting for my reward. I have no regrets choosing family life now more than career. It all came clear to me.

       We should always be mindful of our blessings.

         It's silly losing self-confidence because so-and-so said this. Or that IG account looks so flawless. And she looks so hot in that denim overalls, and her hair always in place. Whatever. It's so yesterday. Perfect is boring. And I love me for me. Flaws and all, and fuc* it! I have abs now!
       And when in doubt, wear red lipstick. Yes, I am talking to myself.


     


      

No comments:

Post a Comment