Sunday, August 24, 2014

Stay away from the Fridge Please! ( my pregnancy brain)

Is it the hormones , the baby or am I just really hungry?

It's becoming a battle now. I feel guilty and depressed for having that 2nd piece of chocolate crinkles. I feel bad for drinking an extra glass of chocolate milk. I should be sticking with my greens and less junk but my taste buds are screaming the opposite . This is not good.

Before pregnancy, I have no problem ignoring the red velvet cheesecake sitting in my fridge. I am fond of just lemon water but ever since my heartburn miraculously disappear on the 2nd trimester my cravings and self control changed dramatically. And my appetite too. I am becoming a little bit worried how big I am going to be. So today I decided to add extra effort with my prenatal workout routine. I just hope that my appetite will subside too without affecting my baby. Oh man... Staying away from the fridge is becoming a daunting task for me. Dear God provide me with the strength to resist that chocolate lava cake in the dessert menu.

Having so much time in my hands to do whatever I please is both a curse and a blessing. I have plenty of time to read and study but at the same time to eat and to daydream. One thing about being a flight attendant on a maternity leave is that there's no fallback once you're knocked up. I can't really search for part time jobs just to kill time. Well, I am actually baby-sitting my cousin's eight month old son from time to time. But it's not really a job I can consider since I am just practicing the up and coming in my life. It is actually hard to take care of a baby. My nephew moves a lot! Crawls and fights whenever we change his clothes and give a bath. He's actually heavy now and my baby weight and his weight are not a joking matter. I get tired easily. And so does my need to eat arises. What a first time mom ought to do? Somebody call the Diet Police!

I am thinking of re-constructing my daily chores. I need to keep myself busier and more productive so as to divert this crazy hunger pangs. I need to be in places and different time zones perhaps.

Damn... I am hungry again.

No comments:

Post a Comment