Friday, May 10, 2013

Thank God for the bookstores

I just know where to go if I want an instant lift aside from going to church.
You can usually find me in the corner engrossed with a truckload of glossy magazines devouring the latest Hollywood gossip-- my guilty pleasure. Or getting glued on the latest trend in Vogue.

Sometimes, what a woman needs is just another woman's point of view and more.

I brought a bunch of books from home. I swore to not buy books this month without getting a bigger bookshelf. I was this close to purchasing one, gladly I was running out of time to catch the metro and the long queue made me think otherwise.

Oh well I still have half of this month to finish it.

Long day offs without planning can be such a bore. When all my friends are up in the sky and my pregnant cousin is advised to bed rest I simply ended up moping in the couch thinking where can I catch some excitement. I can't stand Banana girl marking her territory in the kitchen with her endless cooking and her deafening laughter which irritates me. Her making me feel invisible somehow has failed to drive me over the edge.
It's better to go discover the city and get some fresh air. Me and her in the house makes me claustrophobic.

I wonder if the happy days are gone? I know I have my reliable Kinokuniya to keep me company but books are just things and I miss date nights which includes movies and PDA. What a girl to do?
When I was younger, I worry about money to enjoy the simple things, now I am a full grown woman I agonize over dinner for one and seeing The Great Gatsby in the cinema, solo. It gets lonely sometimes here in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment