Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In a Night Like This


I spent the whole day with you. And yet all I hear was nothing but silence. We drove past the familiar places and ate in our favorite restaurant. You did not even fixed your hair. And you wore the old Armani shirt we bought together. The Diesel jeans you wore already faded but somehow managed to brag about you new Louis Vuitton shoes. I was surprised, you just told me you bought some shirts at Burberry. Who is she? Why the sudden impulse in designer brands? Is she screaming Gucci from head to toe?

You looked at me in deep thought as I lost my stare from the distance between us. You asked where had I been. I smiled and held your hand. We just ran out of things to talk about since that day you decided to live in secrets. You touched my hair and held me close like we were alone in the world. But all I can see is her face in your eyes and how you don't feel sorry for me.

You kissed me. I let you. You untied the laces and you unravel them. I miss the tenderness of your breathing and yet I felt so wrong. I was dead there as you moved and I watched how all the lights disappear.
The mobile phone started ringing. Why did she call at one am? Don't leave yet, I have so much things to ask of you first. But even before a word comes out you were gone again...

No comments:

Post a Comment