Sunday, April 26, 2009

I look for you everywhere


I put on the dress. It fits me perfectly. My skin glows and everything seemed right. But on the way to the bar I felt the hallowness inside my chest. It was you I used to go to clubs with. Now, only single friends. I looked for you everywhere. The slight touch of the stranger who took my number and shook my hand, the bartender who gave me the look of desire, the smell of the French guy dancing with me through the night. It's weird because they didn't feel home at all. It was hard.
You said you're going to call me back. I waited too long 'til I slept. When morning came my eyes just looked puffy and I took the longest bath. How much more damage can you do to me? I need to go get a new life, far from your city, the farthest from you. Assuming your image won't hunt me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment