Monday, January 12, 2009

Amanda

I met her on the first day of school. I was sitting at the back and the teacher lost her way to the classroom so the entire class was in chaos.
Damn, I smell cigarettes here. And my nose gets itchy now and my head starts to hurt again. well...

She was the first one who started talking to me when her other friends had their eyes fixated on me. As much as I want to be friendly with her I feel so uneasy to be around strangers talking loudly and staring at me like I was being scrutinized in every bit. I have always been the silent type. I prefer to keep myself hidden underneath my long dark hair that smells like lavander. I hated school. I just wanted to go home.
I don't know but there was something special about her. The curly hair perhaps with color of copper and her white skin like baby's. Oh she's so skinny. Like me.

Then she called me last night after more than four years of silence. I wonder why she failed to keep in touch. Her strings of boyfriends must have kept her tremendously busy. She was so delicate like cotton. But she was painfully smart. She asked me if I am by any chance close being a gazillionaire. She took Accountancy in College and she was a scholar. Like me. Oh I missed her. She said she wanted to see me. Well, it's about time that she leaves St. Paul.

She's crazy about getting rich. She dislike working for people. The crazy times we spent hiding in the old dormitory beside the school cafeteria were the ones so hard to forget. We dreamt of marrying millionaires and having our kids playing instruments and put up a rock band. When her father left them I was there to keep her. She had nothing but she never admitted that. No matter how tried she convinced me that her grandmother helps the house to be in order I should have told Mom to let her stay a few more months. To see her cry that night as the rain pours squeezed my heart.

She needs to come here.
Come here Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment