Thursday, April 28, 2016

Overcome

   His face lights up whenever he sees me. For me, I am a superstar, I mean the ONLY star even. His smile never fails to melt my heart. And his eyes piercing with love and need, and right there I know, I am under his spell. Sometimes, I still daydream. There's still so many places I want to visit. So many adventures I want to take. I love walking on foot in a foreign city. I love discovering the hidden gems by myself. With or without a map, I love getting lost and taking the long and winding road. I normally just sit in the bench or eat in the park watching people as the day draws to a close. That's my secret life. I still long to travel. Inside me is this great desire to wander and learn. But I have a kid now. And man, how my love overflows for him. I thank God everyday for this miracle. My life has changed completely because of this boy. And having him is one of God's greatest blessing, and of course my husband.

       There are times I feel like I need to escape just to feel happy. I need to have the latest designer bag just to feel complete. I need to be seen in the latest partyhouse to feel accepted. Gone are the days. I realized that there's just so much more to life than these things. Spending quality time learning what really matters in life is truly an eye opener. I relied too much on material things to find happiness. It's important to have stuff. It's important to have clothes, gadgets etc but now I realized I can be simple and still be happy.

      Every woman I think is materialistic. We love hoarding. I myself is a great example. I love having new clothes every payday, and two new shades of lipstick and a new pair of shoes. No wonder my money was going nowhere. Like a drinking glass with a leak, water escapes and I was never full. Ten years later I realized I never learned anything about personal finance. I regret the lost times. I could have been a multi-millionnaire by now and probably can retire in 10 years. But now I have to redesign my life. One thing that I am thankful for right now is that it's never too late to start. I am focusing my energy to improve our lives and have a happy retirement. We cannot simply just be employees forever, and not having a plan where to spend our golden years. 

        Right now, I am slowly detaching myself to worldliness. It's a struggle especially when you're living right next to a shopping mall and my Instagram feed is about travel, beauty and designer clothes. It's tempting to wish that life is different and that maybe I could have chosen a different path. But if I didn't choose this, what's my guarantee that my personal life is as great as this one I have now. My sweet little baby screaming " mama, mama" every two minutes and this hot young man sleeping right next to me every single night who is also kind, smart and hardworking. What else would you need? Everything else is a bonus. Life is complete as long as you have wonderful relationship with your spouse, your children and the people around you. 

     I can still fulfill this immense desire to travel the places I haven't seen. Just a little bit of time I need 'til my little boy has the awareness of being in another place. Next time I discover the best pizza house in the States or the best massage place in Thailand I have two gorgeous boys holding my hand. At the moment there's no need to escape to feel happy or loved because only by looking right through their eyes, there's everything I need.My heaven on Earth. 

     The secret to happiness--- be grateful. 
      

      






No comments:

Post a Comment