Thursday, January 21, 2016

Day out with the Boys

 We went to the park yesterday. Finally "Red" is back. Who knew that having no car for  a week can really paralyze us to this level. Everything on foot, every errand mostly even coming from a Doctor's visit. Thank God for the amazing weather it did us good even. Except that Sasha is 10kg and my arms couldn't carry him for so long.

   I am a morning person. Before all this marriage-motherhood mumbo-jumbo I am  usually in bed by ten 'coz my eyes do autopilot and snooze time is snooze time. Back in the Philippines Sasha and I go to bed by eight only when we moved back here that 11pm is the new 8 ,and 2 am is the norm. We were usually up by 6 am with my Dad bringing us freshly baked pandesal but here I drag myself to my feet to make breakfast for the boys. Sasha waking up twice and sometimes thrice at night asking for milk I couldn't really remember when was the last time I had a good night's sleep.

     Husband says I do amazing omelettes. And so it became the only motivation for him to be up by 10 which is his 6am because he can sleep 12 hours straight 'til noon til... mostly all day he can just curled up in a ball, drooling.

      So basically, we never do breakfast it's actually brunch.
      Chaos.
       Sasha with his breakfast of either rice, buckwheat or cereals with lots of fruits. Accompanied by either cheese or yogurt. Then hubby with his omelette and the mommy with her overnight oats.

       We came to Creek Park by 2.'Weather was superb!
        Sasha ate his lunch,  mostly brocolli, baby potatoes, baby carrots and quial eggs. Me and the hubby munch on fruits and some almonds and cashews and I cheat on some Chocolate covered cookies, of course.And felt guilty and did Zumba for 20 minutes ! Story of my Life!!! 

        We walked around, played Frisbee and Sasha gathering his courage to walk by himself. It was a fun day!

come to me my little kitty!!!!
        At one point Sasha wouldn't leave a helpless pregnant cat alone. Pulling  the motherly-figure to her ears! And then  one sweet Emirati girl gave Sasha a bunch of chocolates which his Dad ate when we arrived home.

         We chase seagulls near the creek. Studied Russian while getting lost in the flower garden and in the Labyrint of Cactus. The park was filled with students who probably just finished attending their classes, mothers with their kids in strollers, tourists taking pictures of the land, and some perhaps Locals driving their Hydroplanes. It was a blessing in disguise that the nearby Mamzar park is exclusive  only for Women and Children on Wednesdays or we wouldn't be able to explore Creek Park with all it's glory in a non- weekend.


I believe I can FLY! 
Up up and away...
       We arrived just in time before the gruelling traffic starts. We had pancetta and vareniki for dinner!
       YUM!

         Next month, Let's go to the Zoo!!!      












No comments:

Post a Comment