Sunday, January 10, 2016

23rd

  So my husband asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday. I told him that I wanted a romantic dinner just the two of us. Oh well, that's actually wishful thinking. Unfortunately he was flying on my birthday and we could only celebrate it the next day. It so happened as well that that week was our Prayer and Fasting and so I was really lost how to celebrate the big day. I had eaten so much the past week and it's high time to fast, repent, reflect and sacrifice.

     It's been a while since I really made myself committed to a whole week of prayer,  contemplating God's Word and eating so much less. It feels good and liberating afterwards. How far my patience can go in order to meet a commom purpose. How enlighting and moving the whole experience had been. I heard my own voice clearly, my needs and desires and that Voice that isn't mine. My faith is a BIG Deal for me. Quiet times with HIM are the best times. Most days  we get carried away in the mundaness of every day that we forget those moments of peace, of actually just living and listening intently to what is going on around us. I really needed that.

    2015 was a great year for us and a great year for answered prayers. Our life is a living testimony of God's faithfulness. He delivers His promises and even overachieve. And so this 2016, we dare to believe. And we dare to claim that the same will be done in our Faith Goals this year.

       So during those trying times when my grumbling tummy was nothing but music to my ears, hubby asked me if we can just cook dinner in the house for my Special day , post birthday. He will do everything and I will just sit happily with Sasha. It wasn't so bad since having Sasha  around is like trying to catch a butterfly or a bunny. Dining in a restaurant like the old days will belike another day of playing track and field. I better stay home indeed.
        So the hubby cooked and we ate really well. Not eating for more than 24 hours was really gratifying. I felt a little bit guilty afterwards since it was so good. But God tells me it's my birthday anyway and I thanked Him for another year in my life.

         January is a month of hope. A clean slate for new beginnings. A new set of chances to be better. And it's my birth month and I always feel extra special. I feel brand new. Yeah, the pressure of looking youthful at all times is there but I realized as long as I am well-inside, my spirit is well taken care of , who cares about those wrinkles! I will be alright.
 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment