Monday, November 2, 2015

Baby Proofing and all other stuff Related

Oh my, 'thoughtI had the worst of the phase bringing up bebe. 'Thought the first three months post-birth were the hardest, man I can say right now that this phase of him strutting his moves carefully on our floor tiles are the most demanding and nerve-wracking to date. 'Can't do much right now besides making sure he won't fall bump his head or cut his face. We are literally playing hide-and-seek and track and field inside our apartment.


On top of that, I think I am  D-O-N-E with the breastfeeding, not only that he bites really hard now, he squeeze and pinch and pull my girls like elastic rubber bands. Sometimes I want to consider wearing a metal breastplate that kind knights wore in a battle 'coz it's practically the same with Sasha. Getting him to suck my boobies when he was born was relatively easy so I thought maybe saying goodbye to them will be the same. I am giving him another month to continue his relationship with my chest until then I need to teach him how to move on. "Breaking up is never easy little man but it can be done! ".  I am beyond grateful for the wonderful benefits of breastfeeding that my boy was able to experience. True, he never really get sick and he is smart and joyful to be around with but now that his first birthday is looming around the corner my almost 9 kg baby needs to feed from the bottle from that time on. He is heavy and moves like a fish, doesn't want to be hiding under my nursing cover anymore like he wants him to be seen like he's an old man drinking beer,in the expense of my boobies overly exposed . For sure we are gonna get kicked out everywhere we go if we will persist. Dubai is a bit strict with nursing mothers that they actually build special rooms in the malls exclusively for us.How sad to be isolated from all the fun.  

And about the party me and my husband were so thrilled to attend for the first time without the child tugging along, well.... The party was ruined. COMPLETELY. I put him to bed at 10, hubby will land in Dubai at 1045 I had ample time to get ready. Just right after he called to tell me he will be waiting for me downstairs in the parking lot, Sasha wailed like there was an emergency or something. He screams like an ambulance car sometimes. I asked my cousin to turn off all the lights and I will try to rock him back to sleep. There, my little child like an adult gazed right into my eyes in wonder why momma is wearing make up this late and smells nice and not baby puke. He could have figured right then that something was off." Momma has an evil plan." I managed to hand him over to my cousin and they went to another room while I sneak out of the apartment like a teenager. My knight in shining armor was there sitting in our car waiting for me. We were so excited. I was over the moon to be sitting in the front , beside him since I only get to sit at the back to make sure Sasha doesn't cry, looking always like the nanny there. We were just cruising Sheikh Zayed  when I received a text message from Danica. " Sasha is crying and he wont take the bottle". Oh we're doomed. The Palm island is a 45-minute drive from our place without the traffic. His friends were so thrilled so know we will make it,unfortunately we only lasted for a mere 10 minutes. 'Didn't even get to finish my cocktail. I was pissed with the crying of Sasha vibrating on my phone. When we arrived he was asleep. My cousin said he was crying since the moment I left and only stopped 15 minutes before we arrived. So there, I'm not going to party 'til he's five. Oh please God no. 

This is parenthood and motherhood coming out from someone like me. These are the challenges when your little boy is not so little anymore but is getting too clingy. He wants me like I am his god. I think thats very sweet. His smile melts my heart every time. It's not easy all the time but it's fun having him. Yeah so I'm putting the idea of a night out to rest for a while 'til we figure out how to teach Sasha a little independence.













No comments:

Post a Comment