Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Back at One

   Well,  it took a while to finally come here. So much things had happened and thank God I don't need to deal with unreliable internet connection anymore. Praise God I'm finally back to Dubai! I am reunited with my love together with my child. We literally jumped through hoops to get here. The documents took a long time to process. Indeed our local government made lots of money juicing people like us. I was at the verge of losing my mind. It was a hard ordeal.


     But you know what, despite of the hassle and discomfort we endure , I will terribly miss my loved-ones there. My dad, my aunts, my brother, my sis-in-law and our crazy fun weekends hitting the malls to forget the scorching heat and the noise of the people clamoring everywhere.  The Philippines is definely far from paradise and our local officials are the most corrupt but still it holds a special place in my heart. It was my birthplace and for the past 10 months it thought me patience, generosity and humility and endurance. It had somehow taught me to be a better version of myself.

     Now I am busy creating new routine as a mom in the sandpit. I'm still going around the motions of being a wife again. Juggling mom chores and wife chores all at the same time. So far I am still not complaining. Except maybe for the fact that my husband took care of the home decorating. I can't do much. Unfortunately. And I don't like the color green very much.

     Going back to work isn't in the cards yet. I miss flying. And honestly I feel jealous of my husband talking about his flights and the whos-who in the field at the moment. I can only talk about mom life 24'7.


       I am still obsessed with fitness and people 'round here seems to compliment my drastic change. They said my body looks so much better even before the baby. I am mixing Pilates and Yoga  and weights.  I enjoy my fitness rituals. It my go-to stress reliever. My husband loves to cook so perhaps working out will not get a day off.

          I have so much in my mind. But I will only try to focus on the positive things. Time has changed but we  can choose to pick our battles wisely.

          I love being a mom. I enjoy being a wife. But I hope to be more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment