Wednesday, January 21, 2015

#motherhood

Sometimes I just want to pinch myself just to check if I am just dreaming. It's almost two months now since I gave birth to one healthy and beautiful baby boy. Still can't believe he really is mine and I'm his "mom".

Aside from the never-ending housework and sleepless nights I am over the moon in-love with this little angel. There were days when all I did was stare at his face and my heart just melts together with the amount of fatigue my whole body is suffering from. I love him with all my heart and I am in constant awe with this magical and almost surreal change in my life.

True it's not easy. For first time mom like me, I found breastfeeding probably more painful than child birth. I am one of the unlucky few who suffered breast engorgement. It's the most excruciating pain I had experienced so far! When your boobs are as hard as rocks and your nipples are blood-stained and dry while your little angel continue to suckle out of hunger I can't help myself but cry and asked my husband to pull my hair just to divert the pain. It lasted for a week or two while my tummy is still healing from a c-section. Oh yeah my little man is only 6. 4 lbs but I had a last minute change in birth plan in which I am going to tell later.

I managed to lose 20 pounds one month postpartum but I still have another 20 more to burn before I reach my pre-pregnancy body. I know it's not gonna be a piece of cake nor an impossible goal to achieve.

Right now normal is sleeping at 8 pm and waking up at 12 midnight, 3 am, 445, 555, then 625 then going down for breakfast and voila--- boobie time- poop- sleep-boobie time-poop repeat til 8pm then repeat. Oh sweet life.


And I still manage to function more or less like a human only looking like a little zombie-ish during the first 3 weeks.

And oh how I suddenly have enormous boobs! got milk? I. Sure. Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment