Monday, September 8, 2014

Preparing for Bebe

I just knew when I finally arrived. That familiar sights and sounds and that distinct smell. Oh Manila... Here we go again!

In spite of the pleading I still didn't get upgraded. Poor EK staff. Never really been lucky to go to business class even when the flight is not full. Thank God that I found one ex-colleague to fly with and managed to carry my last-minute duty free shopping bags. I was a bit emotional leaving the hubby for a good three months. I was that pregnant lady sitting alone in the boarding gate with swollen eyes while the rest of the passengers hurriedly make their way to the aircraft. Oh well, I just have to think that 12 weeks will pass like a breeze.

Didn't sleep the whole time and I feel sorry for the man sitting beside me who needed to get up every time I need to take a quick trip to the bathroom. Being pregnant makes me 10 times more thirsty and 3times more grumpy. Good luck to my folks back home. Hubby is lucky to have escaped my craziness during this time.

So far I am enjoying the home cooked meals and the tastes of local restaurants I missed.
I am living an hour and a half outside Manila so the scenery here is quite green. Except the four dogs we have at home that barks 24/7 everything else is lovely.

I managed to get easy on the sweets. Only gained 1kg in a month. Belly is getting bigger that I have no choice but buy a few maternity clothes just to stay comfy at home.

And the weather here oh.... Rain. Sunny. Humid. Just plain unpredictable . This is really home.



No comments:

Post a Comment