Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Manic Mondays ( and oh it's wednesday already...)

   Hello hello hello!
 
   Still suffering from sugar hangover. I decided to do the tests my new OB asked me to finish even though I still have two weeks to complete them. The "bed" weather didn't stop me from going back and forth to the clinic. Thank God that our place didn't hit the typhoon that bad just heavy rains in the evening til mid morning of Monday. I decided to prepare the room for bebe and hubby before they arrive even when I still have two months. I guess I just have the luxury of time to do them now . Since I came I was sleeping in the Master Bedroom with my aunt. Honestly, I still have this paranoia that some baby-eating monster disguised as a big black bird is going to attack me in the middle of the night. It's a classic old folk tales here. Even our house-help Ate Lolet is giving me the blow-by-blow account of pregnant women who experienced this mysterious and cringe-worthy tales of the baby-eating-monsters-slash-humans-by day who follow pregnant women around. And my dear brother just rolled his eyes whenever I mention it.

     Anyway, I did my 2nd Urinalysis, my third Pelvic Ultrasound and yesterday my glucose test for Gestational Diabetes. And hooray, everything turn A- Ok. I was a bit worried that I will fail the glucose test after eating so much sweets lately. I did try my best to eat less carbs and desserts even when it breaks my heart. And so I'm glad that bebe is fine and mommy is healthy.


     I'm on my third week of Maternity leave. So far I am enjoying how my day passes by. It's quiet and slow here which involuntarily makes me fall asleep unknowingly in the couch. My doctor refrain me from doing any form of exercise. Too bad. And so I decided to help my dear aunt to lose some weight and tone her body. That's the closest I can get to being fit-- talking about it.

   Right now my days are filled with chores including daily trips to the market to find recipes for healthy eating, searching for best-deals for baby gears and stuff, watching E! and TLC almost every night before bed and goodnight conversations with my bebe in womb who kicks like a footballer!

   And hopefully I will squeeze more time to read and write. Truth be told, I don't like sitting all day doing nothing and not learning anything. I am a hardcore believer that even though having a child is a life-changing event and my life priorities will definitely change once the baby is born this precious chapter should not stop me from improving myself as an individual. I have so many dreams for my child for my family and for my husband. I should stay motivated and driven no matter what.

   I am incredibly thankful for this miracle.




No comments:

Post a Comment