Friday, August 29, 2014

Pissed...

Warning: this is a rant post!

I should be talking about nothing but pregnancy glow and blah blah blah but right now I just can't help but rant over what happened to me today at the mall. Since it wasn't the first time and I just can't believe that I didn't trust my instinct and learn my lesson. Well, after spending my last weekend with my cousins in Dubai (after indulging in two sinfully delicious pizza and pasta and a whole afternoon of chitchat) I decided to pass by Mall of the Emirates to do some last minute shopping. I heard that BabyShop has it's crazy summer sale that I shouldn't miss. So I went there thinking it's a great time to check stuff for my bebe and compare prices. Me and hubby decided to have our precious love in the Philippines. We erased the option of delivering bebe in Ukraine or Sacramento. In the end, we chose to celebrate the birth of our first child, this year's Christmas and New Year and my birthday. As much as it's so tempting to deliver our first baby in my husband's hometown while snow is falling down but without my hubby I insisted that I'd rather have my precious bebe in the a Philippines with its unpredictable typhoon and flooding as long as I get to spend it with my husband and my entire family. Being away from my husband for three months makes me sad. I am so blessed to have him in my life and as a spoiled wife it is really hard to miss his cooking, his massages and our craziness. Anyway, going back to my story I was really enjoying shopping for baby clothes and feeding bottles. Then I remember that my aunt asked me to buy for her some fancy earrings. She's 65+ years old and never leaves the house without make up. The last time she came to Dubai she's been bugging me to give her my earrings. I normally buy my accessories while on a layover. Hong Kong and Bangkok are my faves. But whenever I buy there it becomes really hard to give what I bought. They are just so pretty and never available in Dubai. So I dropped by the accessories section to buy earrings. Lucky me they are also on sale! So I bought two. One Chanel-inspired dangling pearl earrings and one glitzy pink and blue chandelier looking piece that would go perfect with a summer dress. I hurriedly went to cashier to pay for my purchases since my husband just called to inform me about the sandstorm just happening. My oh my the long queue! Just when I thought I would spend the rest of my life there one lady cashier asked me to come to her counter. Alright I am lucky today indeed I thought to myself. Between doing her job of scanning my purchases and engaging to me in a slightly weird conversation about the color of my eyes I had this feeling that something fishy might be going on under my nose. I saw her scanned my earrings and then the baby clothes and the feeding bottles and expecting I will find everything in the bag when I get home. I didn't really check since my mind got distracted with the thought of sand dunes reaching the city. And Lo and behold once I got home after exactly an hour before I finally decided to unload my stuff I found no earrings in my shopping bag! Damn you lady cashier asking why my eyes are brown !!! I know they are not expensive but still you tricked me! I really didn't pay attention when you were putting my stuff in the bag! And mind you lady, this wasn't the first time someone tried to steal things I already paid. One lady cashier in Victoria's Secret in Madison Avenue in New York tried to pocket the blusher and the lipgloss I already paid. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! And poor me for not paying attention to details of shopping!

Lesson learned: separate the big items from the small ones. Better, pay them separately.

In VS---- after she scanned the makeup then the big bottles of perfume and lotions she started talking nonsense things to me while putting the big stuff in the bag while isolating the small make up items in which if you didn't pay attention you might think those are not the same stuff you bought and should be placed in the bag. I needed to remind her to put the makeup twice when she was handing over me shopping bag.

This time it's the earrings. Yeah I saved a few bucks from the baby clothes and feeding bottles but damn! Those lovely are for my aunt! And I don't have the time or energy to come back to that store again !!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment