Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Chapter

   Our long-month honeymoon is about to come to an end. Yikes! and Double sigh.

    It's been the craziest and most enjoyable vacation I had this year. Last year we spent our vacation in Ukraine but since 'life" kinda gets in the way, we are somewhat left with no choice but  spend the rest of the year separately.

    I never really expected that I will get married this year. It's a big surprise.
    All along I knew that it was just his sister which is now my sister-in-law are getting married this year and my younger brother in the Philippines. That's what we're told. And I never really  had a clue that he will propose before our 2nd year of dating. But yeah, I was kinda  really praying hoping  he would, and Taddah! God is Good --- I married this wonderful man!

And other than that I never really thought that I would undergo a slightly major surgery in my reproductive bits. I was terrified beyond words. I never heard of Endometriosis. I just knew from my Dad that my Mom had it later;  years after giving birth. But I really had no idea about that disease. And most of the time that I wish she was still alive , this got to be one of the things I want to ask of her. I was grateful that I didn't spend a fortune to remove the cyst. It was taken care of by my company. My doctor is a known expert in laparoscopy. Both of my ovaries are saved and it took two weeks tops for full recovery. But I started having this gnawing fear that I will find it difficult to conceive after that.


  But look, another surprise ! I am actually pregnant now. Before I was a bit stressed about the whole idea of the cyst coming back. But God gave me a child instead to heal me! And man, I am so happy and delighted for this gift.

   I decided to quit flying. As much as I want to come to New York and Paris and Shanghai and Rome every month to shop and live the life I realized that I wanted more and the right time has come for me to finally do something I can grow even when I can no longer be mistaken as a young fresh cabin crew. Don't get me wrong, if I will land a job that will give me the luxury to travel at least once or twice a month on a 2-3 day layover I would still gladly accept it. It's just that this time, I have different priorities. I am no longer in my twenty's. It's perfect time now to settle down and start a family of my own.

   The whole pregnancy thing is like buying a house with so many rooms to explore. It was difficult in the beginning but really exciting once you started feeling the kicks and somersaults of your little one. I never felt alone anymore. My little angel is responding actively with mum's voice. Sometimes I want to pinch myself just to make sure everything is real. I am a wife and a mother-to be. This is some kind of a breakthrough year for me indeed!

    The wife thing comes normal.But I find it fascinating. Now that we share our expenses and our salaries together it's kinda new for me to be letting my husband pay for such and such in which I normally go pay. And sometimes calling him at work just to ask him if I can buy this new Chanel makeup with his card makes me feel like a small child asking daddy to buy me a new Barbie. Damn!

    But you know what, as of now I like doing things for my husband. Just the simple tasks of making sure he wears clean clothes and he eats well and on time. With his work it rarely happens that he finds time to do laundry or eat a decent meal. As for me, I love cooking for more than one person. I love grocery shopping. I love spending all night in bed watching movies and US series 'til we fall asleep. I am so done living alone.

  I am so thankful to God for making major developments in my personal life.
  Now that I am embarking a new journey I will keep my positive spirit high and let God lead us the way.
  I believe there's better things in store for us. This is just the beginning.

 If I happen to come back to flying, maybe it's gonna be different this time.
 For now, I am taking destination motherhood quite seriously...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment