Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dear fairy Godmother,

   I would be thrilled if you ever exists.

   The past few days staying at home were really challenging. It ain't fun even. Although I love being online checking every Hollywood gossip I could scour, watching every single Awards shows to date but then I realized that cooking for myself is the most difficult chore there is! Seriously.

  I bought so much good stuff from Trader Joe's but my lack of skill in putting them together to create an edible masterpiece is beyond my capacity. Most of the time I was fighting with myself ( a tug-of-war between dialing Mr. Pizza Guy and boiling some eggs ) .  I have no patience in reading instructions. And waiting for things to simmer  just bore me to death. And come tasting time I just spit and regret for even trying.

   But I know I have to learn. This is my promise to myself after surgery.
   I am putting every ounce of self-control I could master not to dive in a chocolate day fiasco or red velvet cheesacake pajama party. There were days that I was on the verge of losing my mind. The sweet tooth in me is like a birth mark. It won't go away.

   Then I decided to visit food blogs. I prefer watching videos. And I choose to learn cooking healthy food that's nutritious, delicious and most of all - simple. In no time, I finished reading and watching Erwan Heussaf's thefatkidinside blog. I love his concept of food and staying healthy.

    As much as I dread visiting the grocery, his blog was able to enlighten me that cooking healthy takes effort but it's not that difficult.

    My first attempt was the Banana Oatmeal Pancake. A healthier version of your IHOP.
    But it my case... another epic Fail.
    Not good in reading instructions, that I  mistakenly read the how-to make crepes. As a result, there's too much water and oil. 'Could barely eat them, man!

     So dear fairy godmother...
     I need your pixie dusts to change my clumsy hands to full version of a Master Chef if possible.
     I want to be able to cook delicious healthy meals for me and my loved-ones.
    I know it's not rocket science.
    And please lead me away from Sweet Temptations whenever my female hormones kick in...


Sweet like Lollipop,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment