Saturday, November 23, 2013

Part 3( our 4day trip to Lviv ... To eat and be Merry...)

I've been to so many European cities before but I haven't seen anything quite like this maybe because I haven't been to Moscow and never heard of Ukraine maybe once in high school studying World History regarding the catastrophic Chernobyl incident.

When we visited Kiev it gave me an impression of Paris with less of its glitz. The weather was a little gloomy to go out celebrating but when we reached Lviv on a chilly Monday afternoon I was suddenly transported to some place of a different vibe. Tourist were parading in Rynok Square with their winter coats and their flashing smiles. I hardly slept in the train but my spirit was instantly uplifted with the rich old architecture and its string line of shops and restaurants. I did not have to put much effort to stay awake. I was both hungry to discover what this vibrant new city has to offer and at the same time some authentic Ukranian gastronomic experience.

My beloved boyfriend is indeed beloved in his hometown where everybody wants to do something nice for him. A day before coming to Lviv, his old neighbor coincidentally paid a visit and turned out to be having a grandson in Lviv. She insisted that we call Ivan to assist us in our tour. And of course, right on time when we arrived Ivan was already waiting for us in the cold. Covered with a heavier coat, his blue eyes dazzled with surprise as he spotted my beau in the crowd.

He helped us to hail a cab without being ripped off and gave us some insights about the city. He hurriedly went back to work and agreed to have dinner together the following night.

The center was undergoing some construction so some streets were closed for vehicles to enter. We ended up walking a few meters searching for our sweet little love shack around the square which turn out to be a wonderful surprise.

On The Square GuestHouse did not disappoint from its incredible rating in Trip Advisor. The location itself was a complete total bonus aside from its perfectly fully-furnished studio flat right in the middle of city attractions. Our place was ready and as much as we want to rest and cuddle in our king size bed we decided to get a quick bite instead.

We both agreed to first try one Vereniki restaurant just a few meters from the square. Our hands were both freezing while our tummy were circling in hunger . The soft green interior of the place instantly gives each dining patron a feeling of home. Good thing as well that their Menu was both in Ukranian and English. I was able to really grasp what I was getting myself into. It was a fantastic first try.

We were running out of basic supplies so our next stop was a supermarket. It was entertaining and educational walking around. We both enjoyed sightseeing and shopping since everything was just close by. The cold breeze started to blur my vision a little bit and my bladder could take no longer much liquid so we walked back to our place at the same time to rest.

My beau was more enthusiastic to find the best places to dine and unwind. He knew better where to eat and have a good time. And I really did enjoy discovering food and enjoying different flavors in Lviv.

We have tried several outrageous and out of this world restaurants. In Dubai we haven't experience some place where you feel like you're literally paying for the ambience .
I will write about this later in more in detail.

We were both sad to leave Lviv.
As I said earlier, I really love traveling but it is different when you 're traveling with someone close to you.

Thankfully , the train ride was much easier and more comfortable going back Zdolbuniv.
My energy level was draining but Igor and Tanya would like to see us.

When we reached home his family were already waiting for us with a sumptuous dinner prepared. Oh life. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet.

Igor and Tanya were glad to see us and share some more beer and laughter. I was surprised when they handed me a small Ukraine gift bag with all sorts of souvenirs and memorabilia. It was really thoughtful of them. It was really hard saying 'See you Later' to these lovely people.

We had so little time left to enjoy our time in Ukraine.
It was both unforgettable and enjoyable and one of the best a holidays I've had.





No comments:

Post a Comment