Thursday, November 14, 2013

part 2 Discover Ukraine (meeting everyone:-))

Mmm... Vacation's almost over.
While its freezing cold outside, it's warm and cozy here inside.
It's definitely worth every single penny we spent for this place to stay for 4days. 'Guess I have to let him do most of our hotel-hopping in our future travels.

Before having our time here in Lviv, we spent 3/4 of our vacation in his hometown.

Back home, for a couple years now, visiting the place I grew up seems a little bit lonely ever since my mom passed. I have a small tight and very close loved-ones I visited once or twice a year. And coming to his place was a complete surprise to me, given the fact that all these people whom I just met welcomed me with open arms made me instantly felt like I reached my new ' home' finally.

I was fidgeting and nervous whenever I came across with the thought of meeting his mom and his whole gang. I had never experience such close encounter before where my entire existence will be judged and most of all-- that 'their' opinions about me, matters.

Thanks be to God, that it turns out that they were all lovely, wonderful people.
Never did I feel outcasted, ignored or different. Instead they took my being from another side of the world an ' interesting' element.

Our first day was greeted by his mom's extravagant cooking. We spent 4hours eating our late lunch. The long table was filled with mouth-watering dishes I had never seen before. And sharing the meal with his loved-ones was such an incredible learning moment for me to get to know him more. I am lucky to be a part of this family.


Later that night, he brought me along to meet his best friends since childhood.

I was embraced and kissed with these people I hardly even know and yet they made me feel like we've known each other for years. Ukranian dishes continued to flow from Irina's table, while vodka and whiskey never seem to ran out of supply. I was a bit tipsy for the first hour of meet and greet. When Sanya opened their beloved champagne bottle I suddenly realized I was in for a very long night. More jokes and chitchat and their house was roaring in laughter. I was really grateful for Irina and Vita since they both speak English. Maksim later came, Ira's toddler son whom I instantly fell in love with. He's so cute and endearing. But he was so shy to even look at me.
Just when I thought we had enough alcohol and catching up, we ended up in a nearby nightclub for more vodka and dance.
It was around 2am when we reached the sack. I was drunk with happiness and love. I felt my insides doing somersaults from all the excitement pumping in my veins. I was having fun with my love beside me.

I have always been passionate with traveling but it proves to me now that I love it more when I'm traveling with someone special . It becomes more meaningful and exciting.

More nights of drinking followed. We visited Rivne a few times for dining and alcohol. We usually went home drunk enough to hit the sheets but we absolutely had a lot of fun.

There were also nights we spent for barbecue with more Ukranian dishes to die for. Friends and loved-ones alike made me feel like we've been sharing our lives together for a very long time. I realized that, these people whom he consider his family were even more loving to me than some people I know back home. God must really love me .

In Ukraine I suddenly had extended brothers and sisters, a loving grandma and grandpa and a new set of family.
Although the drinking will never settle in my blood, I will always be attached with the camaraderie I get to taste here. I know nothing's perfect but I am totally thrilled with their hospitality.

I have a huge homework to finish when I reach Dubai. Learn Russian. Infuse Ukranian Cooking in my daily life because it definitely suits me.

My heart is filled with gratitude for God's blessings and His provision.
This has been one of the best vacations I had in a long time!

Our train has just arrived . We're going back to his town after 4days here in Lviv.
Will update about Lviv soon....



No comments:

Post a Comment