Friday, September 20, 2013

Life on standby (a tale on food, shoe-love affair and loads of wishfulthinking ) #shallowness

Pay day is just around the corner and yet I feel like my dear company just send me on a paid holiday to rest and enjoy and take care of my health.

Lo and behold!

To God be the glory! I am feeling terrific since I started going out more instead of just moping all day waiting for Scheduling to change my Roster. I think staying still somehow makes me sick. I am a busy bee and take my wings away and I won't produce honey. Been here, there and everywhere Dubai visiting fiends and accompanying cousins last minute, I for one suddenly became a big fan of Bolognese having this dish two days in a row and still hoping to extend. I believe that when something is free, it tastes better. I never liked my own cooking, just like Mom. Maybe because I don't indulge on the ingredients to make it heavy and rich. I rely on health benefits rather than taste. But when a friend or a loved-one cooks for me the idea that the exact amount of butter and cream has been spared from my knowing in a way made the dish triple more delicious than its actual taste. Weird, huh but that's my view on food. I savor on what nourishes the body in the long term not the heaviness that I have to suffer after. Although I never was and will ever advocate eating disorders. I am just a fanatic on healthy eating and feeling good.

But surely, offer me Jamocha Almond or a Rocky Road or a Brownie Fudge Ben&Jerry's and I will not decline. Ice cream will always be my instant lift, and a 30-minute run in the treadmill.

It's been a while since I completely fell in-love with a particular shoe. The Isabel Marant wedge sneakers in beige/gray still gives me a slice feeling of heaven whenever it cross my mind and hopefully over the weekend my boyfriend and I can stop by Dubai Mall to purchase it.

And there's one story of the one that got away...
And just about two days ago I saw her again, 3-inch heels in her perfect animal print ensemble. I met her last year in KL but missed the opportunity to bring her with me to Dubai when my Kuala Lumpur flights had been cancelled. So when her look-alike sister parade her beauty in front of me I couldn't resist to try them on. My lovely partner disagree with her svelte-ness but since the thought of losing her again kept me up for two nights now I decided to secretly visit the shop again. Hooray! It's finally happening.

Me: I would like to have this in 38 please!
Mr. shoe assistant: Yes, ma'am I will get you!
( after 2 minutes of feeling the 37 size in my feet Mr. shoe assistant came back with a box)
Me: So?
Mr. shoe assistant: Sorry ma'am but we only have the blue one in 38, but if you want we can order for you and have it delivered right to your doorstep after 3 days!
Me: Alright ! It's ok.
(Mr. Shoe assistant clicking something in his computer... )
Mr. Shoe assistant : Oops sorry ma'am , all the stores in Dubai seem to have sold all their
38s! We have to wait for a week if the Singore branch can ship it here,
but we will call you once we have them.
And so I think, we're not meant to be... (Dear shoe...)

If I will get pulled put to do a Beijing or Bangkok, seriously I will spend all my energy to find the shoe that I will fall in love with and buy it right then and there... Because sometimes when you let go of something once you may never get a second chance .

Shallow. Shoe. Story.
I know.

If I have magic powers I will devour Miranda Kerr's closet and Olivia Palermo's.
I will blow fairy dust to Miley Cyrus so she will put her normal self back together ( and maybe Amanda Bynes too...)
Wake up each morning with довгалюк beside me, so no need to experience traveling far.
Play with my nieces and nephew more often.
Eat as much and not gain a single ounce of fat!
Become a Victoria's Secret model.
Become a multi- million best selling author.
Have all the Chanel's I want.
Everyday is Christmas Day.


And so far... This what happens when my life is on Stand by ( quite literally ...)

До свидания!

No comments:

Post a Comment