Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#latepost


There's definitely one thing that I really miss doing. Singing.

Yesterday I was surprised that my dad couldn't answer the phone several times. Our landline just kept on ringing and his mobile signal was almost unreachable. It was a typical Sunday evening and its typically spent at home or with his sisters. After my last attempt he finally answered with some loud music blasting in the background.
Me: " Buon Giorno! Papa!" Le come esta? "
Dad: "What? Who's Giorno?" -
Me: " it's me! Haha! How are you? " I was trying to talk to you in Italian "
Dad: "Si, all is well. I am actually singing right now. I'm out with my church mates for Karaoke ..."

Me: "Oh. Is that so? ( feeling jealous ...)
Dad: " hey, do you still sing?"
Me: "in the shower..."
Dad: " I'm singing something you used to sing when you still have the voice..., I forgot the title...".
Me: " dad, your songs are too old. I bet they were not the songs I used to sing. If its not Cristina Aguilera or Britney Spears..."

At least my dad is having fun.
Give me a microphone and I'm telling you I won't stop singing unless you handcuff me.
If only Dubai has more Karaoke Bars maybe , just maybe I can still be Avril Lavigne. (haha. )

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, there is no place that would benefit from having more Karaoke Bars.

    ReplyDelete