Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Diamond in the Rough

 Been gone for awhile. Travelling far far away in a place where Winter starts on June. 

 With the freezing weather in Melbourne and its timely rain shower  I must say I liked it better , as compared to this inferno-like heat in Dubai. I'd rather stay indoors with my frozen yogurt and some great company. I have no idea how long this will last. But with the looks of it it could be another two months before I can finally lay safely under the sun with the crashing waves beneath my feet. Sounds so quiet everywhere. Ramadan will be for another two weeks before everything comes back to normal. Somehow it's recommended to travel away from here during this time. Perhaps I have to consider taking my leave days next year during this season. Not Manila,perhaps up north. Europe.Eastern Europe? Sounds great.

Kindness.
I think I need a huge dose of that nowadays.
Patience. Count me in.
Smile. Oh yeah. I have to plaster it across my face no matter what.

At work, at home I am in no doubt immensely participating in an international social survival.
It's challenging. It's fun and very educational too.

I still don't understand the whole point of some of my encounters but I recently realized that no matter how  hard a situation becomes I should remain kinder than how I feel. Take a deep breath and take control of my emotions.

There are some trivial things that can push my button. I practice yoga almost every single day wherever in the world I am and yet I still find it difficult to gather my composure whenever I receive something unpleasant. Tears still roll and I stay quiet and wide awake for a couple of nights and that could leave to something called S-T-R-E-S-S. And just a few days back while in Auckland I just had an epiphany. I worked hard to earn peace in my life. Everything that's beyond my control should not keep me up. I should indeed examine myself first and dissect if my feelings are  in  any way logical. Sometimes we can just be taken away  by the waves of emotions. Hate, jealousy, fear only later realizing that all these were just toxic feelings produced by our imagination.

If we are certain of ourselves and our worth we can never let anyone mistaken us to be bargains. 
If we know our value and are confident to face any adversary that life throws at us we should not be afraid of the disillusionment that is somehow lesser than the greatness that lies within us.

I am blessed.
I am proud of my relationship with HIM.
Whenever I get bombarded with self-doubt I know where to go and what to do.
My Father Up there knows me and loves me.

I am still a work in progress like everyone else.
We can never be perfect.
We can just choose to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Love more what is not seen by the eye and let the heart decides. Take something that nourishes the soul. Make it last even when your skins starts to wither.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment