Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weather Update

The weather in Dubai is getting to the extremes this time of the year. As much as I want to just lounge in the beach to get some tan it would not be such a good idea. The heat is actually making my head spin since yesterday.  I am not staying outdoors quite a lot and yet I feel like there's a heat wave indoors. 42degress and high level of humidity and the AC is on full high. Oh, this headache is ruining my mood to get  things done.

Last night I tried to stay up late to finish a movie but ended up sleeping without  realizing it. I woke up in the middle of the night with my laptop still on and the lights all bright. And today while watching Ellen on Youtube I just snooze again unknowingly then woken up by the bright sun hitting my eyes. I feel sluggish. 

Ramadan is just around the corner and its a blessing for not having any Middle East turnarounds.Although I plan to participate in prayer and fasting  weekend  of my Church, sometimes dealing with nervous and hungry people on-board can sometimes eat all my patience away. Oh, it's nice to see Europe this time of the year. Summer without getting "burn" literally. Good to have a better roster for July. 

While I rant about the heat in Dubai, back home my folks are suffering from a typhoon Signal Number 2. I hope no heavy flooding will result from this and I hope that electricity won't be cut off for so long. I used to remember way back when we were still young I was just so terrified of storms. The sound of crashing branches of trees and roofs flying around makes me feel like I am in Noah's ark. Like you won't see the light of day anytime soon. Then after the storm insects abound. Sometimes you can just see a snake here and there dead and alive, gigantic spiders searching their destroyed hideouts and lost dogs and cats looking for their offspring. 

It's fascinating to be in the same planet and yet experiencing two different things. 
Same is true in this life, we may have  the same kind of problems but we have different ways of handling them. 
We may be in the same generation and yet we are in completely different phases in our lives. 
Some are newbies while others are already pro and there's still the rest of us who are still figuring out what's out there that awaits us. 
Everything has its season. 
Who knows yours might be coming...

Be safe everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment