Monday, June 24, 2013

Have a little heart and Seoul

It feels like I was some character in a hit Korean Telenovela...

One thing about Seoul that I liked the most {aside from my growing fondness in anything with kimchi} is their shameless PDA everywhere anytime any age. Sort of I was the only lonely person in the world walking solo without someone holding my hand. At first I thought I was exaggerating but seeing the number of young adults in their skimpy outfits kissing and canoodling in broad daylight I realized that romance and affection is just how they roll. I started to wonder how much pressure their society is implementing to their young generation to be in a relationship. Seriously, my recent trip made me crave for my significant other since everyone there were acting lovey-dovey up in cloud nine. It looks like if you're alone and single you're nothing but a total outcast.

During my gastronomic feast dining alone in the corner of my go-to restaurant in Gangnam I was left with no choice of seating preference since table for one is not the norm. It was sad facing only the glass window looking over the passerby which include of people whispering sweet-nothings in each others ear. I don't know if the importance of being in a relationship has something to do with the Korean's being so obsessed with plastic surgery? Given the high priority they give to be attractive in order to attract potential mates. Just when I thought Dubai is competitive enough somewhere out there Carrie Bradshaw is no longer popular but Bella Swan who couldn't live without an Edward Cullen is an ideal way to live. I don't know. It's nice to be in a relationship if you happen to find somebody you share the same values and dreams and not because you want to fill some void that's been there hunting you all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment