Saturday, May 18, 2013

Take a Dip inside my Brain

 I have too much going on inside my head. So I decided to take some out from the lid and let them flow freely. Since the time I came back from Manila, I've been juggling to keep my personal life alive and my career life at its best. It's hard when you're sleep-deprived and you tend to hear voices who isn't yours. It can drive me into insanity. So I put extra time for prayer and meditation. I can blame the aging process has taken its toll but I say it's more about caring more of what others think. And here  I am finding remedy to live the life I imagined.

People I work with can either make or break my flight experience. And lately they making me want to give flying another year.

She came from Etihad, I guess flying has always been written in her stars. It's no wonder she lights up every room she enters. Her vibrant energy makes everything look easier.
 Her face mirrors her sweet childhood memories. Her tiny frame can be mistaken for a twelve-year old girl. And I just like being around her. I guess most of her kind seem to be the sweetest. And then there's this girl Sunhwa from Busan, Korea. I adore her as much. If each flight I get to be with these awesome people I don't mind doing ultra long range flights. Really.

I keep the good times safely tuck somewhere there in a special corner in my brain. So when life throws ugly pictures I can easily get them to review. My life is plagued by mistakes but I try to remember the moments I smile truly from my heart. At work, each destination is no guarantee that the journey is going to  be smooth. So each time I get to experience something worthwhile I make sure I share it.

He took my hand and asked for my name. I was blushing all throughout. "Oh my, I must be special". Mr. Jo was sitting in first class and came by to ask for pajamas. Rumors started spreading that there's a celebrity on-board. I can't help but assume it was him. Alex from ML2 started begging me to call him if he happens to wake up. Mr. Jo looks undeniably like a movie star.  And all gays on-board were all too excited to get a glimpse of him. Jo asked for the purser and Karolina was so happy to assist. We all got too crazy in the galley pressing onto each other to see Jo. All along we were thinking he was a famous Rugby player. He got too smooth with some blondes as well. He took their hands too when he asked their names, which made me feel an ordinary human being again. Turns out later, he is just a-nobody. Just a normal Businessman who looks good in his suit and tie. At work, when there's a gorgeous passenger everyone's on full alert, because it rarely happens. Oh well. At least it was a great and easy flight back to Dubai from my last Bangkok flight.

When somebody appreciates your work it's a sure way to relieve stress. In fact it's an instant lift to be more motivated. I know not everyone can see how much hard work each one pays and truly it feels divine when it happens.

In life, I learned to speak good words especially when not expected. I may not be all 24/7 optimistic, but I try my best to think more logically each time. I also learned that each person is dying to hear something positive about them. Let's be generous to appreciate. You may never know when you need one. So go, and spread words of love.

I've been doing a special exercise for a week now. "What the old -me would normally do in this case? and this time I will do it differently."At first it scares the hell out of me. But later I feel more alive and learned that it wasn't so bad after all. I am still a work-in-progress like the rest of the people who thrives to improve.

I learned to fall in-love with myself a little bit more. Not in the narcissistic kind of way. But the kind that gives me the feeling of being so blessed and desiring to encourage others  as well. My eyes aren't blue and wearing contacts will just damage my eyes. My skin is brown and I am just happy not having to go to a tanning salon all the time.  I don't have a statue-esque features that best fit in the fashion runways but I am delighted as much  that I am tall enough and fit enough to look good in my own style. As the saying goes, it's not  what the woman put in her back that makes her beautiful, it's the smile she puts in her face.

I made a pledged to never compare myself to anyone. I am a woman unlike any other.
I made a promise as well not to compare my life status to anyone anymore. I will be kind to myself and stop beating myself up for the pressure the society has created.
I just want GOD to nourish my heart with his undying love for me. To fill my heart with happiness,love and freedom. And patience too, whenever the sky turns gray.


No comments:

Post a Comment