Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Back here

I left my place with mixed emotions. It's nice coming back to Dubai with all the comforts and whims I could manage to get but Manila is like your annoying aunt who bakes the best chocolate chip cookies, she's entirely unique and unforgettable.

Dubai is now my comfort zone. And Manila is becoming a constant test of my patience. I love how UAE is so organized while back home chaos is the new normal.

Whenever I board the aircraft leaving my folks I automatically get a sudden rush of adrenalin. My mind starts getting busy formulating dreams and projects I would like to achieve. I feel blessed to have this life. And I desire for others to somehow experience the same.

For about a week I spent my days hanging out with the oldies.
I got used to waking up early @ 5am just to join my father for his morning jog and visit my mom's grave after. For the first few nights I suffered from intense headaches due to extreme heat and the never-ending barking of dogs. Then later I managed to sleep soundly without earplugs. The townspeople got used to seeing me everywhere. Old teachers, old classmates, neighbors and former admirers. They were still the same people. I happened to meet someone I knew way back my childhood days. We haven't seen each other for the past 17 years and decided to drop by my house just to get a glimpse. Then I met my former family dentist who happened to extract my aching tooth when I was just nine. After 20 years I coincidentally needed her she can fix my dad's teeth. It's nice feeling when people were happy to see what you have become. There's pride and inspiration brewing.

My mom's untimely death was a signal of a new chapter in my life. I am a full-grown woman in search for a deeper purpose. It's no brainer why I am daddy's girl, because eventually I am the one who will look after him. It's no wonder why I have all these struggles so I can better relate to people. I am dreamer. And I work hard.

This short trip taught me well about how no matter what happens your family is all you've got. Then I met a relative who taught me in investing my money wisely. So bye-bye to mindless spending. And despite my half-hearted conviction to just be on my own, I realized that having a life-partner to enjoy the ups and downs of life is still the best choice rather than claiming all the material success but ending up alone in a cold dark house in the countryside. I know there's no perfect person out there but I still have high hopes that I will find someone who will see me perfectly and that we will be two souls attached to one body.
I sincerely thank my wonderful parents for being wonderful. For my mom who taught me how to act like a real lady who commands respect. For my dad who nourished my curiosity in stretching my potentials. Truly, what I have and will become is my gift to them.
Nice to be back here but half of my heart I left with the hustle and bustle of my dear hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment