Saturday, April 13, 2013

Passing time while surfing the net in the hotel lobby. Had a big late lunch and waiting for the food to go down a bit before considering yoga before heading back to sleep. I just love Japan. It's quiet and peaceful and the Japs are the coolest and the most helpful people I know, and the cleanest as well. I can only utter "konichiwa", #arigato gusaymas", over and over to respond to their tireless greetings. The flight going was easy and delightful. My colleagues who were mostly Japanese made it exciting and fun. The flight deck were lovely peeps I've flown with several times. Truly, happy crew means happy flight.
Been talking with one courageous girl from Nairobi and I can't believe how just by listening to her I came from being totally hopeless to totally hopeful and persevering. Sometimes people see something in us that sometimes we choose not to see. I can't believe that in a such a short period of time people can just turn our lives upside down. Just when I was at the verge of losing hope, there she came to remind me to hold on, a little bit longer. So okay, I am sticking to the original plan. Deep inside of me lies dreams that I've been meaning to achieve since I was a child. The road there I must say has been a constant struggle testing every fiber in my being. Nothing comes easy. And it's just so important to be surrounded by people who will constantly remind you that greatness is attainable.
It's sad as well that while others try to build us mindfully some still choose to crush our spirits mindlessly. Perhaps meeting "the queen" may not be a good idea for now. If she succeeded to crush others hopes and dreams I have to consider going for career advice from someone who will inspire me and push me to settle to where I deserve to be.
Reading a tragic and semi-violent novel depicting marriage problems I realized is not a good thing. We are not living in an ideal world and yet we are also not living in constant misery. What we feed our minds can result to something we haven't expected. Having problems is unavoidable and so we should come up with solutions and not find things to exacerbate them. I have so many available time where my mind just fly away. It's easy to get lost in negative thoughts. But we are free to choose. It's more beneficial to choose happiness and hope rather than spending too much energy fearing things that will not even happen.

Sending love from Tokyo....
While attempting to color my hair from a drugstore hair dye written in Japanese....

No comments:

Post a Comment