Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bonjour!

It looks so sunny outside. The heavy snow which poured heavily over the weekend started to melt. I decided to just take a walk and set - aside the thought of visiting Champs Élysées, since I am so not buying a Chanel bag. I put on just my black jeans and a casual shirt with sleeves and bring along my coat just in case it gets freezing. I booked a hotel car to take me to a small French village where I can buy wine, cheese, sausages and of course croissants. It only took a mere 5minutes to get there. Old houses with their roofs covered with snow,old French women selling fresh produce in this extraordinarily lovely Thursday afternoon in Paris is not so bad rather than battling over insomnia in my lonely hotel bed.
I stared in amazement how cheap the food stuff were in this small village somewhere in the French countryside. Everybody speak French and I got weird response whenever I converse with them in English.
One thing that I will never exchange about having this job is the opportunity to live my wildest dreams. I used to fantasize this way way back in my early days. Be a certified vagabond. I don't mind being a French nomad for a year, that's a dream.
In the very near future I would plan to spend a summer here where I can start writing a book, spend my mornings wrestling in the market and flirt with the French language as I learn it by heart.
Oh well, that summer dream is still a thought away, and for now I am busy defrosting...
Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment