Monday, January 28, 2013

The Morning After Pill

 I already saw you before you even met me. You came from the other door and your striking features just caught my eye. I have never seen such beautiful olive skin like yours . I find your exotic beauty totally mesmerizing. Then I met you in the briefing room when you called my name and instantly I knew we came from the same country. Oh thank God at least I have someone to talk to other than  these strangers asking for the most bizarre of things. 

The seven hours flight felt longer. The Miranda girl did it again. She won't stop complaining about this and that while I was trying to keep the other girl awake, I felt sorry for her not being able to sleep before work. Indie just keeps on dropping stuff  while being undeniably unaware of the entire situation in the cabin and so she won't stop eating. After the turbulence and the never ending requests of meals and drinks you finally approached me. You immediately asked me about my love life. I don't normally open up to strangers. I just smiled and you instantly brag about not being lucky with men. I told you how impossible that you're single when you're looking like that. Your eyes lit up and there I saw how you bit your lip and just like that I knew why...

 You met Marco the night before with dancing lights and the deafening sound of music with alcohol overflowing in the counter. You smiled and he came over. He's NOT your type but a month long of loneliness is about to kill you. After a few drinks and a few more,  you finally asked him to take you to your place. Another stranger in your bed to satisfy your hunger, mission accomplished. You told me you liked it so much  just no strings attached. You've slept with a ton of guys that you don't even remember their names. Your beauty is your weapon and you can get anyone you want. But you just can't convince anyone of them to stay long enough to know you, to like you and to love you.

You give too much and you expect nothing in return. You allow them not to respect you and just be free to treat you like a piece of toy. They come to you quickly and gone the next day. You set no boundaries, you let them use you. Now you're tired and you're looking for someone to cuddle you  the morning after rather than another piece of meat to exhilarate your appetite  You're getting older and beauty fades. You said the good guys are already taken and the bad ones are always available to play.

I looked at you but I guess you're not ready. Your friends are no different from you. And I have no experience sleeping around or having one night stands. I don't know what else to say. I don't have a PhD in love or whatsoever. I just knew what suffering  is , - well enough to protect myself.

"Let the guy chase you. 
You are worth more than his salt. 
You are well worth to sought after. 
You're beautiful, Don't be afraid to reject those unworthy of you. 
You're not a parking lot they can put their thing on for a few hours then park again somewhere later.

Treasure yourself. 

Because if you don't, no one else will. "


I searched for you once we land back to Dubai. I guess you went straight to Duty Free to buy a new set of make up. You're meeting the Russian-half-Syrian you met last night. You said you just want to know what he tastes like. I rolled my eyes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment