Friday, December 28, 2012

Between nonstop flights with complaining passengers and massive flight delays I managed to celebrate Christmas Eve with my dearests here in Dubai. From Munich then London with my eye bags with the size of Jupiter somehow our Christmas group picture looked great. Or maybe because I was not in the center. Truly, Christmas rush always gets the best of me but then it's all worth it in the end. I can't help but feel nostalgic remembering my early Christmases when I was young. Mom and Dad playing Santa with gifts overflowing under the Christmas tree, Honey-glazed ham that I can't get enough of, us-kids competing who gets the most awesome presents. Now as adults, the meaning of Christmas is different. For me, it's the best time of the year to reflect about life and be grateful for all the blessings, the challenges and achievements as the year draws to a close and most of all  to celebrate Jesus Christ's birthday.

After our simple Christmas dinner,  feasting over original stuff from home, and playing like fools with Pinoyhenyo (Genius-Pinoy in English, a modern version of charades) indeed Christmas is best time spent with family and loved-ones. Thank you Scheduling for giving awesome roster!

XOXO
SkinnyGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment