Friday, September 14, 2012

Bed Time Stories

 I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart  throbbing faster than normal. Perhaps my body was just confused. With all the nonstop traveling lately, I frequently just get up and grab my phone just to check if I am in Dubai or not.

 I was definitely looking forward to Paris but ended up getting sick the whole time. I really enjoyed Sydney and Auckland. Shopping was amazing and Eating Out was superb. It could get a little expensive though. But what the hell, it was my first time, might as well just enjoy.

   So far, since I started my globetrotting, Sydney and Auckland has the best hotels provided by the company. Some of my colleagues prefer The Renaissance in Seoul but I can't help but disagree. Yeah, it was  just elegant and the location is a great attribute but it  has this "old" smell in to it. It just stinks for me. The pillows and the covers left me with red rashes the next day.

Sofitel Wentworth Sydney
   The Sofitel in Wentworth Sydney was just breath-taking. The deluxe rooms though were just deluxe, no exception. Being a certified Hotelier,  before I started flying, the Sofitel rooms won't even fall to the 45 sq.meters size minimum requirement. But their beds were to die for. I haven't slept that well in a long time whenever I am out of Dubai. They just made me feel like I was sleeping in the clouds. And the lobby has this immense grandeur feel. Flowers being changed almost everyday and posh restaurants abound. And most importantly, it's just a few blocks away from the Sydney Opera House and downtown. I just can't wait to go back, really.


The Langham Hotel Auckland NZ
The Langham in Auckland was nice too. It was just so feminine. With its signature gold and pink motif engraved in all its amenities I certainly feel more like a a real lady the whole time. The location was perfect too. Just close to anything you can think of. And the room was spacious than the Sofitel. And well, I slept like a baby too while watching E! The swimming pool was small but the Jacuzzi was acceptable nonetheless. They also have two saunas. But the Herbal one was not working and the other Sauna was just dry. With nothing much to do in the hotel, being stuck for three days for sure convinced me to hike a volcano.

 The worst hotels so far would be the one in Narita and in Paris. It's just pretty much the issue with the location. I slept heavenly.But honestly, with such great opportunity to see Tokyo at night and Paris with it's lights anyone will just be pissed to find out it would take an hour or more just to go to the city. The hotel is situated in the remote village in the middle of nowhere, somewhat just the Airport's parking lot. Too Bad.


I have to learn a few Japanese to finally see Shibuya, feel Tokyo and study Paris map to be able to hop on the train with confidence.

I hope I will get to see Paris for real next month. I heard London offers the same predicament. Too far from the city, well, at least people speak English so commuting would not hurt too much.

I can't still get over spending my entire Paris layover just sulking in my bed. And waking up at 3 am local time browsing French channels. Somehow, I was entertained watching some French movies with no censorship. At least at the Grand Hyatt Paris they don't charge you for Adult Flick when you watch it. Oh, I am definitely missing my boyfriend. 

I was just spending my entire lovely time recuperating- sleeping. My bed feels weird though. It's not as soft as the Sofitel's, And I don't have French channels to keep me company. Only, my room feels more like Home even with all it's lack of grand and push-buttons. I'm still alright to be spending my lonely nights here for the next five days 'til I head back to Asia.


I still have loads of stories to tell. Promise, I will take time to write.
If only my handwriting in my Journal will just simply crawl its way to Blogger. My life would be easier. Indeed.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment