Monday, August 13, 2012

  Good Morning Monday!

    Three days off passed by so quickly. It felt like I slept for two days and only yesterday that I felt being actually off. I had studied the next destination and received the email that the load for my early morning flight is quite low. I need to stay awake for a long journey ahead. So before I go back to sleep after lunch, might as well put my free time to good use.

     I missed Church. It happens that my flights usually fall on the days when we have service. Thank God for internet for Podcasts are just a click away. My spiritual starvation is bugging me lately and I need to feed it. At the moment, I have been watching Joel Osteen. I read his book and I truly liked it . And just by watching his broadcast makes me feel well. I get more hope and strength to face the day. He makes learning the Scripture more simple. It actually helps me to pick my battles properly.While blogging or while cleaning my room I usually turn my speakers on hearing his sermon.

    Living with three other people in this apartment can be quite challenging. Although, we don't see each other often I still feel wish that I have my own place. Freedom is always worth fighting for. And right now, it's one of the most important things that I am striving to have. I have always been in-love with Interior design. And it's such a great pleasure of mine to decorate my own place no matter how tiny or grand my space would be. I love exploring my artistic nature. And there's nothing more wonderful than going home to a place that makes you warm in the inside and be able to invite whoever you want to sing karaoke 'til morning.

     I've realized that during all these transition in my life, the success  and the challenges this year,  I learned to handle them with much ease only when I am feeling good about myself, when I don't stress myself pleasing others; trying to meet their expectations. I only have to please myself and please God. Not every day is a perfect day. Not all plans materialize the way we envisioned it. Not all things happened the way we expected. Disappointments can drag us down. It can keep us awake all night. When you get used to having some things so easy before and then suddenly the tides roll in a different direction  it sort of left you having no choice but be more creative and have less expectation. And most of all, to try to find meaning why things happen that way. I've survived these things before, there's no doubt I can come out of this as a victor. I know I am always blessed. Someone's taking care of me.

    With the convenience of the internet everything you need to know is just a click away. Like having a blog, or having an FB and twitter account you can make your life so public. If you don't choose the Private setting anyone can just get your information and claim later that it's actually theirs. It's sad to see people do that. I think it's cheating. The convenience of internet per se is actually a great tool to be more original. It's so easy to find inspiration.To make that awesome person you've always been in the inside to finally come out to life.

    Last night, I've finally made a decision to cut all ties with somebody. This person used to be a friend of mine not a very long time ago. Although we still greet each other whenever we come across each other's page, I am no longer comfortable to share my life aspirations anymore. This person used be someone I consider "a dear friend" until several situations occurred that made me realized I was wrong. Something inside of me is giving me the red flag that I should not trust this person. A few months ago, I discovered that this person seems to "like" me very much. I always consider imitation as the greatest form of flattery. I don't mind if you said you don't like my hair color but get the exact same one the very next day. I don't mind you buying the same exact shoes and clothes I buy. The only thing that makes me think you reached the limit is to copy everything that's mine. Tweets, style, interests, way of speech and everything else that I could possibly have in my mind. It's actually looking at the second rate version of myself. And man, I. don't. like. it. I felt like I've been robbed. I feel sorry for that person who is lost. I do appreciate the fact that somebody really pays attention to every thing I do or say. But I think lying to yourself is a crime. Why would you try to be somebody you're not? And walk all over the place claiming that it belongs to you?

    Well, I need to get a brand new perspective perhaps.
    But right now, I just want to do everything by all means to avoid this person.
    I know if I buy something I will find it in that person's page. If I make something or said  something, right away it's there.
   
   It's hard being a celebrity perhaps.
   At least I should get paid for this!


    See you guys in three days!
   Have a lovely new week ahead!
   I will try to find Harajuku girls for you... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment