Saturday, July 7, 2012

Skinny Girl Travels and gets Paid for it!

  Most of us dare to dream. We make the most of what has been given to us. For dreams give us reason to live, to not just exist. I believe that each of us are created for a definite purpose. One day at a time, I try to decipher each sign to live up that purpose.

   Traveling has always been one of my greatest passion in life. I remember when I was growing up my parents used to drive us to different parts of the country, no matter how remote, exotic and maybe a little bit dangerous the place seems to be. We travel with other three family friends and I can still recall every single detail of every single camping, long drives and endless story-telling throughout the entire journey. It was pure entertainment. And I must say that's how I grew frustrated to becoming a rock star. I was madly in-love with Taylor Hanson way back then and Spice girls were such megastars too,screaming Girl Power. But it was the long way to the destination that made me realize a lot of things about myself and what God wants me to become.

    Growing up I was undeniably enthused by different cultures. I was just this girl who is overly excited to discover new things, meet new people and learn new stuff. I used to spend reading Time magazine over and over and cutting the places I would love to visit and getting fascinated by different people who speak a language other than English. I told myself , one day I will get to visit them and I will write everything about each country that I've seen, I've tasted  and felt with my senses. I guess it's just so thrilling to feel alive.

     I thought about Paris. But it was Rome who got first on the list. And I must say, God blew me away. He indeed always exceed my expectations. The timing was so perfect and the people were just amazing all throughout. The architecture, the food, the Italians, the churches were mostly on my lists of things that I consider wonderful to be "firsts".  I love ice cream. I love shopping. I love lazy days whenever I get the entitlement for it. I got them under one destination. Damn! I will get my Prada bag in Italy! It sure is a great deal!

    But you know what, it was just the experience of having to finally experience something that you used to just dream about that's  just mind-blowing. It's like a fairytale coming true.

    Going back to my flat after my first operational flight as a Crew was a moment of Epiphany. Pure joy. Pure gratitude for all of the blessings from God. It also made me more aware that I owe much to what I have become now to all the people who touched my life in the most amazing ways.

    I have a mission. I have a legacy. I've been so blessed. And may God help me become a blessing too to others, for mainly this is what Life is all about.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment