Tuesday, July 31, 2012

On a serious note.

    Hello August!


   It seems like I am already too thrilled to start the new month. Who would not be? And besides it's the last month in the calendar 'til we hit the ber months. I always love the Christmas holidays.


   For the past few days since I got back from Rome, (you know the truth about having love sweeter the second time around, well, my 2nd time there was truly better than the last time),   I ended up having day offs consecutively leaving me completely running out of chores to do. I grew up having responsibilties more than I can handle. So basically, I cannot stand being a doormat. Seeing my roster for August kinda gives me the creeps too. I will have three days off after a flight. And for me, watching Youtube, or updating my Facebook status are not at all a productive way to spend it. I googled, I called friends, and emailed a few just to ask for some tips to explore diligently my leisure time. Flying right now doesn't feel like a job at all. It's because I love it so much that I feel recharge and more energetic after reporting for duty.

I have to go out there. I believe that there's still more to life.

    And there was this girl from my hometown that I knew when I was around seven or eight years old. She moved to California before she reached high school. We were not really good friends, only my family seems to know each other. But from that moment I still remember how pretty she was. Her dark long hair and tan skin, slightly slender physique and her American accent at that young age. Well, I found her in Twitter the other day. She finished her Law degree in UCLA. Wow. Then in an instant I remember one guy I met a few years back who graduated also from UCLA. There was certainly more inside that beautiful head of hers. Like the guy who also graduated from UCLA who is now residing in Hong Kong with a kid but still no idea if he remarried, this girl is also living her life for a cause, for a purpose. I just admire those people. Reading her site the other night made me more determined to push through the calling I have inside me. The guy is a CEO of a Communications Company in Hong kong and in Asia, who is also enganging himself in so many different charitable institutions. He has this advocacy for  Education, providing scholarships for bright students who are less fortunate. While this pretty girl I used to know is having an organization that encourage buying local rather than imported goods. I can feel her passion just reading her words and looking at her pictures. She's more than just another pretty face.

    Then I met Joel Osteen. God is working in such mysterious ways,you know. I still remember how I got his book. During my darkest times last year, my mom's passing and the heartache,  my cousins from my dad's side invited me to sleepover in their house since I started joining them in their church. In between girl stuff and book review she gave the Joel Osteen book. I am not trying to advertise him here in my blog. I just want to take this opportunity to thank him for being such a blessing. For helping me realize a lot of things when I hit the lows.

   We need people in our lives. No one is an island. I don't want to raise a debate as well with regards to religion. My point is, we have time in our hands. Some people use it wisely  while others choose to just lose it.

    If we have a chance to make a difference why not take it?

    I used to be the girl who wants to stay alone most of the time. I was a brat. But I guess life will teach us to become the best versions of ourselves. Sufferings will mold us to become stronger, will prepare us to our future.

  With thise much time I have in my hands, I have so much time to develop myself to be that girl and guy from UCLA. Joel Osteen was telling that if God has planted you the seed to that dream He will certainly show you the way to make those dreams come to pass. I am not perfect. I just have this burning desire that I have to level up to God's best.

And P.S.

I will never ever be apologetic for my religious beliefs for this is who I AM.
I climb my way up and will continue to inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment