Sunday, July 22, 2012

In Heat

     Five rooms or so as I walked in the hallway full of books with titles I hardly understood. There he was, looking after that dear creature covered in fur. I looked around and tried to make up my mind of what could these empty spaces used to be.The ornaments covered in dust, dried leaves and scented memories that still linger in them. The yellow lights up the ceiling were almost as dim as the night sky where shadows dance in their respective harmony. The warmth of his lips as it touches mine were as hot as the midnight air of what was outside a few minutes back. I looked around and waited for him to settle. I sat by the study and listened to the music playing with the wind that harbors the balcony with its disturbing sound.

     I looked into his eyes trying to read his mind. I was no good. My assumptions sometimes are unreliable. So I stayed focus on his ways as he grabbed me with his mighty arms under that pale white skin. It feels comforting and familiar. We cuddled for an hour or so until I succumbed to my embarrassing anonymity with alcohol. We talked in syllables then finally carried me to where we can both rest our bodies comfortably.
We scour our souls with the hunger and absence of the bridge that connects two people who seem to be under the spell. I saw his wide smile across his face and I couldn't help myself but let go and let our own rivers flow in synchronicity. I cannot blame nor regret of what's out there. It's wonderful to feel alive. When two bodies become one in mutual respect I consider it divine and just beautiful. I don't care what others think. I am no saint but I am exclusive and elusive.

     Don't ask me about the morning after. I swore not to drink alcohol ever only if saving my life solely depends on it. It's quite pathetic for a woman like me in her late twenties. The banging sound digging inside my skull and the somersault inside my defenseless stomach were undeniably the symptoms of a bad hangover.


   Under the melting heat of the sun peeking through the glass windows as the white drapes were of no use we let ourselves be. No words needed. I can look into his almond-colored irises and I completely knew what step we both shall take. He covered me with the sheets and his arms all throughout that hot summer day and the day after. Human skin after all is like a precious blanket you can never buy at the store and yet more silky and soft and protective than the finest silk or cashmere.

   As I bid my temporary adieu for the moments seem to pass by quickly he held me once again with that stare I haven't seen with anyone else before. I wished for him to stay with me or vice versa.

    And here I am again in my cold bed covered in sweats trying to fathom the mystical wonder of being the only one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment