Monday, May 28, 2012

Bugs Bunny for dinner

     At last, I get to spend two nights and three days with my cousins in Al Khail. The best part of meeting her is going to church first. It is definitely home. The feeling that I have this amazing time to talk to HIM.

   I waited for this much-deserved lazy days. You know the art of doing nothing. We just lay down on the sofa while watching Style and Food Network and gossiping from our grade school days and our dreams of the future.

    While I did her hair since her roots are coming out like she lost any sign of need to go to the Salon she cooked for me. I cook very rarely and most of the time only when I have no choice but cook or I will starve to death. Hahah.She made amazing Salmon soup for lunch and Apple fritters for afternoon snacks  while I do the talking part just to keep her entertained.

   I decided to skip dinner because of the Apple fritters and just get on watching Gossip Girl.

   One of the perks of  having a Christian Cousin who has too many generous Christian friends is that  they always surprise you with giveaways.

     In between the commercial Break @ Dubai One ( you guys have no idea when was the last time I get to sit in a couch to watch TV....it's been months....) somebody knocked.

  Oh. We have a visitor.
  A  giveaway perhaps?
  She hurriedly came to see who it was. And taddah! A container covered in foil.

That sure smelled nice! I mused.

We were just talking about Paella. And there. Paella. Like God just handed me out a request straight like you press a button to order.

She asked me to taste it.
I did not refuse. Last time I had Paella was from someone I used to know and Man He really did justice to his Paella.

So I took perhaps five spoonfuls of it together with the chicken-looking meat that's around the rice.

I even told her " the chicken looks grilled..."

Only to hear later ( after I finished every single morsel in my plate...)

"hey dear, actually it's not chicken. IT'S BUNNY...."

In great horror, I looked at her waiting for her to take it back but to no avail she was serious.
First time ever I ate a bunny, it sure did taste like chicken. I don't have the stomach to try something  I consider bizarre.I  only stick to the basic food groups. But who knows? maybe a strange gastronomical feast could change that.

 But believe me guys, all through the night I was craving for CARROT STICKS....


No comments:

Post a Comment