Sunday, March 25, 2012

“Bring on the Shackles, I am your Prisoner"

I don’t know what came over me. There couldn’t be any Romeo throwing pebbles through my window especially at this ungodly hour. No sun just the lights coming from the trucks and the workers disturbing the day before the sun rises. And yet I was hearing some unfathomable noise at the left side of my bed. I was trying to ignore it but then after a few attempts I did surrender. Rain? “This couldn’t be… the large drops of water hitting my window pane” Then I slide my arm and push away the curtain and open the glass just to confirm if my hand will get wet. In great disbelief, it sure did. This time of the year, it was raining. Dad was right, the weather got amnesia.

The night was longer when I finally decided to get up after the rain stopped at what time I have no idea. Yesterday was pure bliss. You have realized you reached nirvana. You have finally reached the state of pure equanimity. No doubt there is really a God. The wound has now become a scar that will fade eventually as time goes by. There is more than what meets the eye. My hand trembles and my heart skipped a bit. What a perfect creature, the image continues to dwell in my mind.

I have never known happiness and eternal joy without pain. The thunder rolls in his deafening silence and kept its secret hidden when it used to haunt me. I learned to get by and got used to seizing the day with more hope. The sun will be up every day. Winter has bid its goodbye. The excitement and the voices I hear could be a great start. “You just know it. They were seventeen and I was twenty-one. His eyes were green too, but the other was sharp and lifeless”.

I wonder where I will see you again. It has been a year. And yet your slightly irritating accent I still vividly remember

I curled up like a ball as I waited my phone to ring. Please don’t let the other give me the hint. Again. I don’t like to be rejected and being at the receiving end cuts like a knife between your belly. How many times do I have to mention there isn’t a tad of chance. I am not it. And save the heart for another major surgery for someone else.


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Ninefiftyfour.


No comments:

Post a Comment