Monday, December 19, 2011

What's in My Name Today?

I got hit twice in a row, with a mere split second interval. Out of nowhere a voice from behind just said hi! and pronounced my name with much gusto. I said "hey" back out of politeness. I don't know what's something different with my name tonight or maybe with how I look. I definetely wore my hair the same way that I do and my face looks no different from the previous nights. I did not sleep extra hours and so I should not be having any miraculous age-defying effects to make me more noticeable. And yet I feel that there's something extra about this evening.
I decided to run away from the guy. Honestly, I think he works with the mafia. I've never met anyone so possesive and manipulating like this one. At first it was romantic until it becomes a constant alarm that won't shut off. I've been out with him once and he made the effort to come and see me everyday after but his nonstop calls that suddenly made me ask myself that if the world will indeed end soon maybe his behaviour is quite acceptable. Surely I got tired of it. When you're receiving about twenty misscalls overnight and several sms I don't think it's falls to the category of normal anymore. I will certainly understand if we made ourselves clear to be committed to each other in which I think I did the exact opposite. He certainly looks nice and my friends can't help but coo whenever he's around me, but I think I just graduated from the good-looks-is-all-takes-to-win-me-over kind of a girl. He really did make me feel wanted and very much liked. But with his third visit in my flat that's when all hell-breaks-loose for all his chances. He's just not IT.

If this scenario happens with someone you truly like( but there's no potential for any solid future or an exciting partnership )is that there's always an ounce of regret after. It keeps you up all night for weeks until you found yourself in the universe of numbness. Sadness was there but there's this inexplicable amount of gratitude that life still is worth living. Exciting surprises is still in store. Life never gets dull.

I earned the title of the Queen of the Night as my dear friend Smiley puts it, just because I did OWN the night quite literally. Three weeks of being the only female night owl who haven't seen the fancy christmas decorations parading in the streets at night I deserve a much needed rest soon. While I juggle yoga, laundry, grocery shopping and restaurant reservati0ns in one off-day before the holidays I really have to save my energy until Wednesday.

I certainly grown more mature this year. And if Santa will ask me If I've been good this year? You bet, and I want nothing but a better 2012 ahead,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment