Monday, October 24, 2011

Talking about First Impressions Part 1

At last, it finally pushed through. We've been meaning to go out for a cup of coffee or something for months now. The closest thing we can get is between "hello, how are you and see you later" since we hardly had the time. Thank God, before the peakest period reach us we were able to finally meet after work.

Who said opposite sex couldn't stay just being friends? We see each other everyday and we've known each other for quite awhile now . Sure he is a nice guy and I know how ladies talk about him in the locker but I'm just not one of them. He's an honest, open-minded yet conservative (yeah he is, just now I've realized that) a geek, a funny guy, with the Joel Osteen personality because he tends to preach! Yes,he does preach! But all in all, he's one of the few with whom I can open my heart to and not be judged.

In this land where every guy's name is Mohammad, I told him I don't want to call him that. I refer to him as Smiley, because I had never seen him gets mad or upset. He always brings light in every room he's been in. He's a linguist. Everyone seems to know him. Who wouldn't? He can speak English, Arabic, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Russian. No wonder all the guests queue in his counter. Haha.

So today between book reviews and his broken heart we were able to finally sit quietly and ask questions we've been meaning to ask to each other. It's funny to find out what were his previous inhibitions about me. I did push him out of his chair when he asked me some things I never thought he would think about me. Damn! Don't you dare jundge the book by its cover!
So to all people who might have the same judgment about me let me make it clear.

Number One- Not because I might seem like an Ice Queen when I don't smile If I don't know you by name doesn't mean that I'm a B***ch. Sometimes, I prefer to be approached first. Be cool. You might like me in the end. I guarantee you.

Number Two- Not because I dress whatever I like doesn't mean that I am EASY. I love to dress up. I never put something over-the-top but in this country wherein showing a little bit of flesh meant that you're selling something, men seem to exaggerate. I dress for me, not to catch men's attention or make the ladies follow my trend. I am comfortable with myself and I express how I feel with the ensemble I put on everyday.

Number Three- Not because I attend parties and drink occasionally doesn't automatically means I sleep around and having way too much fun. That's completely the opposite. Give me a bottle of wine and I will not even reach half of it and you will carry me home. I never kiss and get comfortable with a guy too fast, too soon.Sorry to disappoint you. I am a little bit old -fashioned. I don't usually jump into the bandwagon without that assurance that what I am going to do is not something I will regret after. I am never a fan of flings and short-term relationship. The last one I had in fact was four years. I never smoke or commited any crime. I kill spiders, that's true because for sure I will never sleep if I had seen one in my room.

Number Four- Not because I speak my mind doesn't mean that I cannot be quiet. Actually I am a little bit of everything. I am crazy enough to get a tattoo and too-religious that I won't mind spending a day inside a Monastery to have a peaceful time with the nuns in my congregation, - St. Augustine and the Carmelite Sisters.

These are just some of the things that I found out about myself that people tend to judge me for. I will continue soon because right now... I am just too sleepy to write another sentence.

P.S.
Not because I am skinny means I am anorexic or bulimic or whatever. Ask anyone close to me will tell you how I eat and you will be surprised to find out I am not in a diet at all. I am just gifted. Haha.

'til my next post. probably when I wake up...:-)
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment