Friday, October 21, 2011

Star-Studded...

I've never seen the lobby this full with anxious fans with balloons and flowers and stuff. Who's staying here with us? I mumbled to myself. There, in an instant a group of photographers and a legion of bodyguards and a crowd started clamorinng with a Lady in Red. Kim Kardashian. Not a fan though, but hey... that body.


A week before that David Morales checked in with me. David who? I'm sorry but I am not familiar with his work and his Grammy achievements and all. I feel embarrased to have not done my homework. And a week before that, LMFAO checked in, as well and Pete Wenz and those famous Djs I haven't heard of. I only know DJ Moe of Magic 89.9 or Joe the Mango for his Love Notes. Yeah, I only know Radio Jockeys, hahaha... So to speak.
I have never been to any Sandance or Beach Festivals in which Dubai is home for these events. I love the idea of Beach Parties and might consider saying YES to future invites soon. Maybe next time I'll get star-struck when the performers check in with me. And hey, Richard Quest stayed a few days ago and I indeed saw him with his butler passing by the lobby. Everyone were surprised to know that I am familiar with him. Yes dear, I have the time to watch CNN, especially because he features travel and business.



I wonder who will come over the holidays? Hugh Grant and his entourage were with us last year. Lady Gaga? Justin Bieber anyone?



P.s


Not to self:


not all who is in the status of VIP is a real VIP. I mean, come on... I saw in the arrival List Patrick Dempsey a week ago, and surely I made a complete fool of myself assuming it will be Patrick Dempsey of Grey's Anatomy, my Dr. McDreamy only to find out later that night that it was indeed Patrick Dempsey, middle-aged from Australia who's far from being an actor, with tons of kids and a wife so grumpy she couldn't wait for a second for my colleague to prepare their keys.



Oh, I will definitely settle for James Morrison, ColdPlay, Backstreet Boys, Paramore,Boyce Avenue, Kina Grannis, Sara Bareilles, Neil Patrick Harris and the gang of HIMYM ....


oh... a girl can dream:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment