Monday, August 1, 2011


How did it ever
come to be
that you,
yes you,
are filled with
quite so many
variations?
You are You,
clearly,
when I cannot help
but whisper out
‘I love You.’
But
but then again
you are She
when truth
and excitement sink
their hooks into
each other
and I once again
cannot help
but say aloud
‘She is the most
beautiful woman
I have ever seen.’
She and You but also
Her for we both know
there are times
my lips run away
with themselves
and I watch helplessly
as the phrase
‘Because I love Her,’
dances out of my mouth
and scatters into
the night air.
Somedays
and by somedays
I mean all days
you are also
the better half
of We, maybe the W
maybe the E
when I stumble
over the sentence
through shaking lips
‘We will be fine.’
On top of it all
and standing proudest
you are also I
because you demand
and earn and deserve
my utmost respect and
attention
whenever
you look at me
and say
‘I love only you.’
Whatever form
whatever variation
you might choose
or that might choose
you
I think that my favorite
is when your skin
finds my skin
and we finally become
Us.

Tyler Knott Gregson

No comments:

Post a Comment