Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flashback

I morphed again for a week, and the nights had been lovely. The Chihuly was magnificent and people behaves better at night. ( They just want to get their room, quickly!) And my friend Wenda never fail to amuse me. Days were nights for me and the metamorphosis is truly a blessing in disguise.

During the wee hours when I tried to fight sleep I couldn't help but dig something to entertain me. Then I came across somebody from the past. Try to Google any name you can think of and you might get surprised with what you can get.
Ah, I could still remember vividly how things were just so simple way back then. I don't know why my heart sunk when I saw it. I knew it would happen, I just saw that it could have been me, if I were a different person then. When I left Qatar in 09, it was all or nothing. Only the original plan was to finally settle in Singapore ( I had my ticket and all) and yet still ended up in AbuDhabi and Dubai.

I know they would end up together. He's a nice guy and I ignored it. And seeing them after two years resurfaced the what could have been's in my mind. Yeah right, but as my dear-mother always put things in perspective, I just hum the familiar tune of " everything happens for a reason".

Although I can honestly tell myself that I had finally come home to myself, that I feel truly happy and content just being with me I can't help but wonder somehow how it feels again to come home and have someone waiting for you, or just that significant other who can't wait to know how's your day been. Nights are colder and my pillow started complaining why I am squeezing them too tight. Well, better get used to it for now.

Apparently, I had enough of those relationship drama. Right now I decided to just take a vacation from it and just concentrate on discovering more about life and my passions.

I get a new class that I will attend in a couple of weeks, a new "job" that I've been meaning to get for as long as I can remember, and most importantly just having a brand new perspective about life and love, I think I will be more than okay.

single and happy?... i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment