Wednesday, June 1, 2011

After a Drunk Monday @ Barasti

We want a lot of things. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Time flies so quickly I hardly notice it's been two weeks and a new month has just arrived. What's in store this time? I can't help but ask. My typical day opens and closes in a blink of an eye which always leaves me wondering if I had done enough or had enjoy my time. I guess as long as I feel happy that I look over the things that belongs to me now it really doesn't matter anymore if I had felt something different.


I am meeting hundreds of people in my day-job. I had seen all the different looks in their eyes. An old man from India who brought his entire family for a week and spent the whole year saving just to celebrate he and his wife's 50th wedding anniversary, the young couple on honeymoon who can't simply get enough of each other, the old Arabic guy who just married his 4th wife that you can even obviously tell she is half of his age, the businessmen with their three-hour girlfriends, the single ladies and men fishing to get laid, the old European couple with their young kids still playing hide-and-seek in the crowded lobby. It's funny and entertaining and just a daily eye-opener for me. Each of one has a unique story to tell. And yet in the end they all want the same things. Well, almost.

Yeah, they all look excited and overwhelmed. But none of them is living the perfect life. Some of them came to escape, others traveled from the other side of the world just to have a brand new start, while others spent a fortune to rediscover their youth and power. I sometimes feel I am His favorite to give a wake-up call. But hearing others stories made me realized that I am just getting a fair share of the ups and down. I always feel that God had so much confidence in me that's why He's always gives me a hard time on passing the tests but I started to look things differently now.

I learned that not meeting suffering and pain in this life you will not also meet happiness and peace,and that not all relationship is always going to end up in heartache, and hard work will always ends in victory, and truth is better to accept now that later.


Our residence here is too short. Eternity is just around the corner and what we have here is just a piece of what's waiting down there. I used to question injustice to most cases I had witnessed with my own eyes because I have such a strong conscience and how come people can do such things without batting an eyelash. Now I have a bigger understanding about life. I will never be in the position to judge anybody, for I have never known their own struggles and their reasons are for them to bear.


Although it's hard to accept that some things are never going to belong to us no matter what, no matter how much you fight with God, no matter how much gallons of tears you want to fill the River Nile in the end you just have to trust Him that if He closes one window another one will be opened soon and that if someone leaves, a new arrival is on the way.



I spent awhile in limbo. Confused to stay in the box or be outside of the box and continue fighting. I almost give up that a new day will rise tomorrow. Disappointments can really punch you in the face like Manny Pacquiao. Betrayal can really drain your energy to trust people again. And losing someone so quickly and suddenly can leave you wishing that it was you instead. But seeing how strong and optimistic people do everything to get the things they believe they deserve I feel ashamed of how I felt.

Everything is going to be alright. There is no such thing as abandonment and not being good enough. There's always somebody for someone. There's always a solution to any problem. And your biggest downfall could be a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment